28 March 2006

bloody DSL

Bloody bloody DSL. Imagine not going online for almost a week! Not that its about surfing or anything, but now I have a gazillion emails to check (and reply to) just in Dad's mail, and mine, and Mommy's, then site updates. Ohwells. At least now I don't have to wait a lifetime for pictures to load.

So yes, my sister graduated from high school. It was surreal seeing Kate up on the stage receiving her diploma. My Mom was in tears ahaha, but I guess that's how it goes for all Moms. I remember my own highschool grad and how I was so different back then. A few years could make the greatest difference, and you'll definitely learn a lot AFTER high school. I mean I thought college was a breeze then, and I felt that the only way to go for an artist like myself was Fine Arts. OMG I was so ignorant! Then one day you'll wake up to the reality that in life you don't get the best of everything --- if you want to go by your passion, you'll have to risk a stable future because you MAY or MAY NOT excel in your field. But if you want to at least get a stable job, you'll have to SET ASIDE your passions and take up something practical. Emphasis on SET ASIDE, because you don't have to give it up.

Kate's going to take up Nursing too. I know most people will go WHAT because her original plan was Fashion Design at Benilde, and some are claiming that we're like selling out or something. Truth is, we've got bigger plans than simply Kate being a fashion designer, and at least she has something to fall back on if ever it fails. I learned that we work better if we're not under some pressure, so I want to separate my artsy things with what I refer to as work. It won't be fun coming up with creative things if you're months behind your rent or something AHAHA.

Anyway. Pictures of Kate's grad:

Mommy and Kate / Kate and Jo (Frost girls)


INFAMITA graduates! Cheska, Kate, Sab, Mon


Daddy, Kate, Mommy / Daddy, Kate, Imman, Mommy


Kate and Imman / Me, Imman, Kate

So yeah dinner after graduation. Congratulations Kate! And Mon, Cheska, Sab, Jo, Chai, Jaire, Camille, The Sub, and all her friends ahaha.

Speaking of Infamita, I've uploaded two short video clips of the bandfest at my multiply. CLICK HERE to view them playing Bloodred Summer (I forgot which artist e) and CLICK HERE for their Beep Beep cover (by Juan dela Cruz). Go easy on the girls, they're not pro players but they're pretty good for 16-year-old GIRLS ahaha.

I'm trying to make this as fast as possible because this bloody internet connection could be cut off any minute because the operator says "the service order blah blah is still open blah blah and it may take twenty-four to fourty-eight hours blah blah". THAT WAS LAST MONDAY. Ugh I hate it when everything else comes to a halt because of some technical difficulties which are not even our fault. Later.