20 February 2006

bandfest and Infamita and the lovely highschool kidlets

So okay we had a mighty good time at the bandfest. The girls did a great job I swear. So did their friends. I was there by around 6pm and I thought they'd get to play in about two hours but HOKAY they got onstage at 9:45. ATEJIN I APOLOGIZE. Good Lord she knows what I'm talking about. I'll make it up to you I promise. I mean first chance to get to see her again after she got back from Singapore and I did not show up. I love you and we will have dinner and talk like there's no tomorrow SOON.

Moving right along. I moved up front when Jo's team was dancing since Infamita was next. Yeah it's so highschool but I'm always supporting my family and friends all-out so we were there. And besides it gives me these flashbacks of my time up onstage 4 years ago when I was a senior, and man that sucked. I was supposed to play guitar and do vocals, but the WRETCHED SOUND TEAM had no extra amp where I could plug so I ended up just singing. Mighty awkward.

It was funny because Dad moved up front too. Usually he just stays somewhere comfortable and listens, but I guess he's excited to see his second daughter there playing the guitar. IN HEELS. Ahaha that's what I so like about these girls, they're never mediocre. Cheska was exuding hippie 60s vibes, Mon looked like a cute but bitchy little doll, Sab was wearing their Dance Production pants and had an elaborate blue makeup on one eye, and Kate did sort of the 70's with leggings and heels. Aww they looked so cute. Add Jo, who looks like a Latina in a vest and skinny jeans, and Jaire, who was equally smashing. Okay before I start rambling off ala Fashion Police, I give thee photos from that night.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Kate / Cheska

Image hosting by Photobucket
I saw Pau! I missed her terribly! Yay after sooo many months :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Mon, Kate, Lisa (Pau's sister, Samsara's drummer)

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Starbucks with Mon, Pat, Jo / Jo and Kate, FROST girls ahaha

Image hosting by Photobucket
Kate, Jo, Jaire, Mon

Dad was pretty happy with their playing. I think he really enjoyed their BEEP BEEP by Juan dela Cruz cover. And Cheska did amazing, she had this high energy level which made eveything more upbeat and fun. I think she was nervous when they started because she went really fast ahaha. And when they were going up I think one of them told Kate OMG KATE YUNG DAD MO NASA HARAP and they were jittery since he's a musician or something and he knows a lot about it and they might suck. But no reason to fret, girls.

(View more bandfest pictures here)

Hokay after they played we decided to stay a bit longer for Camille's band. They did pretty good too. But I am mighty impressed with Samsara, they covered UpDharmaDown's Maybe and it was great. And I met Pau! We haven't seen each other in months plus we weren't able to meet up last Christmas so I was so glad to bump into her there. Yo Pau we really have to meet up in March because you as well as Pap are gonna graduate and Jo is already working and all.

Anyway. Most of the people we were with went to Blue Ginger after, which is some sort of a bar. I'm not sure really, but yeah we didn't like the vibes and it was crowded and everything, so we headed to Starbucks.

So anyway last Sunday we had new guests in church, Mr. and Mrs. Lobdell, who came from the States. I like Mrs. Lobdell, she's so perky and happy as if she's seeing everything for the first time. I mean Kate and I were really tired after the service so we were just basically sulking in one of the seats, then she just approached us with this huge smile and it feels so wrong not to stay happy in her presence. She's going to teach on Thursday and Friday evening so I'm gonna come, I'm actually excited. I mean I just kept thinking what's with this woman, why she's so unbelievably happy all the time and what makes her tick. I admire women like her, they make it look so much fun to be serving the Lord. Her husband is not only a preacher but also a doctor, so they have medical missions all over the world.

Some pictures next post. Gots to jet.

Oh and watch out for the Infamita pics on Dad's website. Ahaha I guess Dad really was happy with them because he agreed to put it up there. Yowza.