24 January 2006

my lousy picture-taking spree and the tone party

So okay I was pissed earlier. My Dad asked to see the pictures I took last Saturday night at the tone party and he said he was disappointed. He wanted pa naman to put it up on the site, and he was even saying ang sagwa ng kuha ko.

Well sorry to disappoint you, Pop, but your daughter is no Annie Leibovitz or Mario Testino or Tom Epperson or Xander Angeles or any superphotographer. She just takes pictures with a decent digicam at any angle she fancies as long as she's happy with how it turns out.

And how am I supposed to take WONDERFUL photos of the amps and stuff when they're scattered there? I mean I am so sorry but I just wanted to have fun and listen to the musicians that night, but no I had to take pictures so I did and it was pathetic, so forgive this sorry photographer wannabe. I'm not complaining because I love doing it anyway, but don't expect I'll do everything flawlessly. God this website thing has its downsides after all. My father thinks that just because I can do these things and I do coding and html, I'd be faultless when it comes to pictures and stuff. I don't do magic, Dad, I just do what I can.

Yeah and you can tell I'm immensely affected. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad to bits but sometimes he has this tendency to make me feel like a disappointment when I don't do things the way he wants it done. And when you reason out with him it just prolongs things, so we just have to take it all in.

Screw this, I think I'm not even mad at my Dad. I'm pissed with the fact that I disappointed him, and it has always been that way. Ugh I hate this feeling. Here goes my inappropriate sensitivity.

Oh well let's just leave it at that.

They had the tone party last Saturday when Mommy and I got back from Caliraya. It was actually Papa Al's birthday party, but since he wanted Dad and the band to play, they decided to have a tone party.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Mr. Mel jamming with the band / Mr. Steve, Tito Alex, Mr. Mike

So Tito Alex and Mr. Steve (I think he's Bamboo's part manager or something) brought in amps worth tons more than my college tuition and they had a grand time testing it, along with Mr. Mel's megabucks guitars. And Dad's strat and tele.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
4-Part Invention / Dad with Kakoy and Tito Joric onstage

Okay people who came: Tito Alex (duh of course he will, he's ALWAYS here ahaha), Tito Odie, Tito Jingle, Tito Joric, Tito Manny, Tito Lito, Mr. Mel, Mr. Steve, Mr. Mike (he looks like an older Ira Cruz ahaha), Tito Carlo and his band (4-Part Invention, I think), Kakoy and Maik (a fraction of Salindiwa ahaha). And a few others I don't know, mostly Papa Al's friends I guess.

They all had their turn to jam onstage, and it was insane, I was drowning in SRV happiness AHAHA. When they played Pride and Joy, Tito Joric belted out a different song yata then he just basically sang the line "I don't know the lyrics", but man, it still sounded like the song ahaha. And I always love it when they play Bell Bottom Blues, it's so sad but it's classic for me.

Tito Carlo's band did some covers then they launched off into original compositions. The drummer boy was pretty good, and my cousin was crazy over the bassist. Oh well ahaha.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Kakoy and Maik / Kate, Me, Kakoy, Maik

Kakoy got hauled off to the stage the moment they (he and Maik) got there. It was pretty funny because most of them are oldies (ahaha most of them are Dads okay) but they were waiting for him to pick up the guitar and play--- he's that good yo. They played several songs, then Maik got onstage and did the vocals for Little Wing. I was surprised it actually has lyrics, I've always listened to Hendrix's version and I never heard the words ahaha.

Oh yeah and it was funny when we had Ate Lan take our picture (with Kakoy and Maik), she switched the video thing in the cam so we were posing there for like almost a minute but there was no flash ahaha. I saw the video and we looked funny because we were posing okay ahaha.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Tito Alex the frustrated rockstar / Kakoy and his harmonica

I am so jealous! Ahaha. I didn't know Kakoy plays the harmonica too--- is there any musical instrument he CAN'T play? I would have jammed with Dad and his band if I was half as good as Kakoy, but sorry kiddos I can't play a decent tune. I've been fooling myself the past few months, listening to Lampano Alley (I've Got the Blues to Keep Me Warm & You've Got a Hold On Me), trying to follow things but I guess you don't learn that way.

And those tutorials I find on the internet are not helping at all. How the hell am I supposed to know when/how to suck or blow? And how EXACTLY do you do that? And how do you learn to improvise when you're playing with a band? Grabe I'm so pathetic with this whole blues harp thing, I've set high expectations pa naman AHAHA. Kakoy superharmonicaplayer! And Tito Odie too, he's also good, too bad he didn't play.

At the end of the night, we took photos in Maik's cam & our cam, they posed for the cameras with the megabucks amps, the visitors left, we brought most of the things home, and I dreamt I was a harmonica-wielding cowgirl in a swingin' cowboy hat performing onstage with Binky Lampano doing the vocals (I was gonna say SRV yo but let's keep to those who are still alive and kicking). Nah.

Oh and Daddy and Tito Alex are so funny, they remind me of Kate and Me --- they talk nonstop. Monday morning I was surprised to find Tito Alex already there at around 8am, and they were taking about the tone party, the amps, the guitars, everything. So I kissed them goodbye since I was off to class, and Dad asked me what time I was gonna be home. I said I'll be back at 10am but I'll be leaving again before 1pm. So okay I headed off to school--- when I got back past 10am, they said "O, bat andito ka na?", so I said "E past 10 na nga po e". Then they both looked at the clock and exclaimed "Ah, oo nga noh. Eh isang amp pa lang nga naa-assess namin e hehe".

God they're always like that ahaha. If Tito Alex isn't here, he calls all the time. So that day he ended up staying for lunch and I don't know if he even went to his office after ahaha. Oh well.

So I guess I'm feeling much better now because I talked too much again.