14 January 2006

makeovers

I've always believed in the idea of makeovers. They may not always work, but you can't deny the psychological effects (ooh la la).

I mean when I felt bad (or even bored), I cut my hair. Or oftentimes, Kate does the cutting. Then I felt much much better. No wonder my hair was a mess back then --- we tried the Japanese look, punk, bold bangs, dreads, and everything else you can think of. And it breaks my heart that I'm paying for that now, because now that I'm keeping it long and nice and girly, it acts up most of the time. So take good care of your hair, kiddos, or it would end up like underarm hair on your head.

And yeah Kate and I are home recipe junkies. Once we watched this beauty show where the lady says it's good to rub mangoes on your face. So we rushed to the kitchen, peeled the mangoes, sliced them into shreds, and started rubbing it all over our faces. Mommy got pissed because there were lots of mango shreds in the sink. Oh and too bad we didn't listen well, you just had to use the mango skin. Bah.

So yeah when we got back from Romblon, we were thinking what we could do to sort of signify a new start, since it's a new year alright. So we both decided to cut our hair. Not cut each other's hair like we always do, but actually have a haircut in a real salon.

I was having second thoughts since it has been around 4 years since I had a haircut in a salon. Kate maintains my hair, and she knows how I like it done, so I never really thought about that. And besides I always hated how my hair turned out then. Thankfully it was quite alright, although not as nice as I expected. And what do you expect of Kate's hair, of course it would be short because we like it that way. And everyone says it's her thing. You know, the Kirsten Dunst/Maggie Gyllenhaal short pixie hair whatever.

Maybe you should try that. If you're bored, pissed, angry or depressed, do a makeover. Cut your bangs, or do some homemade facial mask, or try on a different nail polish. Or anything. It may sound pathetic but it works wonders, at least for us.

If it doesn't work for you, just wallow in self-pity. Which is a lot easier, yes?

**********

So so, new design in here, eh? I decided to keep the old layout and just change the photos and colors. And do away with some of the hoolabaloo on the right. Oh well.

Oh yeah and Kate had a play a few days ago for their Music class. They did Cats and they looked funny.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She practiced here and Imman and I watched her. It was really funny yo. We just laughed and laughed and rolled on the floor. But she was dead serious and just sang and did the actions. And Imman and I just laughed and rolled on the floor AHAHA.

So okay next week Mommy and I will be heading off to Caliraya for the Ladies' Conference in our church. Mommy will be teaching them how to cook some nice dishes, and her portion will be called "Cooking with Nen". And I will be her assistant heehee.

I miss Kate. She's in a resort in Batangas now and they're probably snorkeling ahaha. It's an activity for her club or something in school. And I'm here blogging. Yipee.