17 December 2005

another dinner down, several more to go

So we had (yet) another dinner last night, this time at Pastor & Mrs. Lyons' home in Valle Verde. Mommy cooked most of the food and the pastries were our gift for them, since the dinner was for their 50th anniversary.

Yeah if you remember they already had this formal event in Manila Pen, but the visitors there were mostly other pastors and friends, and it was strictly for the parents only. Last night was for those people working in the ministries, like the choir, medical ministry, Sunday school teachers etc.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
boys of the Bible school / Ate Rhoda with other Bible students

I made the centerpieces in the afternoon when we got there, with the help of some moms who were already there, and of course Kate was in charge of the tables and chairs. I wasn't able to take lots of fotos since we were in charge of the pastries, with the help of Chaps.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ma'am Donna & Pastor Boyd --- they're so cute, and look at her dress!

Ma'am Donna looked so beautiful last night. She was talking to Kate and me when we were packing things up after the party (we left at around 2am already), and she told us that years back, when she learned that they were going to the Philippines as missionaries, the first thing she asked was, "Are there beauty shops in the Philippines?". Apparently she can't live without them, and PERFUMES. She says she's gonna be sick without perfumes ahaha.

And instead of sayings or fortunes or those silly things, their cake has little gold charms. She asked us to get the rest since she already got a few. We removed them from these small wrappers while she ate some cake ahaha.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh and there's this amazing painting by the front door, and we found out she painted it. I was so so so impressed, she's great. I mean, she just puts fine arts students to shame. She mentioned to me before that she's also sort of an artist (when she found out we're into arts and everything), but nobody told me she was THIS GOOD yo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pastor & Mrs. Lyons / Ate Rhoda, Me, Kate

The party was great, and we were so tired after. BUT we're always happy to help.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
pictures to cap the night off --- Kate and Me

This week is so crazy, I can't even remember where I should be on certain days and nights. I MUST make good use of my papers and write down schedules.

AND too bad the dinner pushed through last night, the one with my UST friends, so I was a no-show. Hopefully I have no plans next week when some of them go shopping in Greenhills so I can go too.

We're going to watch Salindiwa on the 22nd. Yay.

Oh and I brought my little brother this afternoon to a kiddie party in Jollibee, since Mommy's dead tired. And Jollibee the mascot is hauling Imman to the dance floor to dance the Pinoy Ako song from Pinoy Big Brother, which I so abhor. Over his dead body, Jollibee. My little brother is very very shy, you can't force him to do thing like that or talk to random people.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I love them to their last cell --- Imman & Kate

And he's such a softie, and it's a good thing. He was able to save 20pesos a few weeks back and he was asking me if I wanted to eat at McDonald's, and I told him, "Baby, hindi yan kasya e". Yeah, Kate and I call him baby, even if he's so big already and he's fatter than Kate AHAHA. We're a healthy happy family yo!

It's the Cantata tomorrow. Hopefully lots of people will be there.