09 December 2005

pillow fight!

So I'll be all girly and talk about beauty products. Last Saturday Kate and I finally had a headstart on that Christmas shopping but only got to go to Shang Ortigas and Gateway in Araneta.

Shang of course did not disappoint. Back when we favored the Japanese look or Indian ethnic (or ethnic Indian or blah blah blah) we frequented Defect. And now Defect's gone but it's okay since we favor a more polished look these days (POLISHED, yo! I sound like some editor in a fashion magazine or something, or someone teaching ladies a thing or two about power dressing ahaha).

Okay back to the action-packed Saturday: I was so delighted to find that there are lots of new stores on the 5th level (I think--- basta where People are People and Shoe Salon are) in Shang. There's Schu, Pretty Fit, Felicity, etc, and the stores we loved then--- Moss, CMG, Beauty Bar, etc.

BUT we particularly adore Mimi, another new shop there. They have these one-of-a-kind pieces PLUS they have some cosmetics which are hard to find in Manila (read: available only in selected shops).

I got Smith's Rosebud Salve, which I thought was only available in Rockwell; I heard it's a miracle product (but I think using that word's kind of baloney, maybe they just work real good yo). They have these really cute Benefit powders, blushes and bronzers, but there's no way I'm spending over 2thousand pesos for those.

So yeah Kate got a violet velvet jacket from Mimi too, and it's so nice, it looks a bit like the one from Zara. Loves it.

People are People also has great shoes, there are killer pumps AND peep-toe ones reminiscent of those from Mayle, or something you'd get from Marni.

Then we're off to Gateway, which is okay but I still like Shang better. But nothing lifts the spirits like a big big Beauty Bar shop ahaha--- I got a nice blush (Sax) there. When it comes to these things, blushes/bronzers and lip balms/glosses are my weaknesses. I can't do anything, it's beyond my power!

So yeah it's nice to sometimes give in to girly things and pamper yourself, although doing it constantly is... expensive ahaha.

**********

A friend sent me an sms of songs with hilarious lyrics. Apparently this was what most Filipinos do, sometimes they just belt it out in front of the videoke and sing songs the way they hear it, even if the words they use don't make sense.

*Nothing's gonna change my love for you, you know naman my love how much I love you...

*Masakit love, but it's over now, Must've been good, but I lost it somehow...

*I'll be, your crying soldier...

*Don't go Jason waterfalls...

I swear Kate and I were laughing so hard on the floor.

Hey it's almost Christmas! Love love love it.