11 December 2005

i know what you did last Friday

We forgot, we really did. Friday night was supposed to be concert practice night.

Instead we went with Mommy & Daddy and had dinner at Shakeys Roxas. Yeah I know what you're thinking, it's just Shakeys so why do we have to eat in Roxas ahaha. They were going to Uncle Tom's place after.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh yes I just had to take pictures while they were eating yo AHAHA

I saw the fountain when I looked out, and of all things I just had to remember that one scene in the Aga-Kristine movie (All My Life) where they were on opposite sides of that fountain, not knowing the other one was also there. They both threw a coin and wished, how utterly cheesy. But hey I loved that movie, I cried when Aga died. SO YEAH SHOOT ME NOW. How embarassing ahaha.

Seriously though, I love tragic endings on Pinoy movies, it's definitely better. I mean aren't we tired of watching love stories where the world just brings them apart, only to have them end up in an open field (or a neighborhood street, or the airport, or some place truly dramatic it just breaks my heart) with a flock of people surrounding them, the boy professing his undying love for the girl? Oh and let's not forget the round of applause from these people after the protagonists kiss. Excuse me while I break down and cry.

Ugh I just hate it when I'm totally in focus on my topic and I just start rambling on another because I remembered something.

Okay back to Friday night. We went to Uncle Tom's, which is in Legaspi Towers.

Uncle Tom is this nice and funny German guy who's a guitar dealer and owns a Vintage Guitar Gallery in Dortmund, Germany, and Miami Beach, Florida. His wife is Ate Emy, a Filipina. He wants everyone to call him Uncle Tom, even Ate Emy sometimes calls him that (which is kind of weird ahaha).

Uncle Tom puts me to shame when it comes to blabbing, I'm telling you. He can talk for hours and if nobody stops him we might as well stay there for the night. He'll tell stories when he was a young boy who constantly passes out in pubs because he drinks liquor all day, then he'll pick up his guitar and sing some songs, then he'll ask Dad for suggestions on the restoration of some of his guitars, then he'll offer us red wine.

Oh yes, red wine. There will always be red wine when we go there. They'll bring out nice glasses and we'll empty the whole thing. And when we go, he hands out a new bottle for us to take home (which we just end up giving away since we're not big on alcohol yo).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dad on the left, Uncle Tom on the right; see all the guitars hanging on the wall

It's always fun going there, he's so funny. And Ate Emy's really nice. And their place is on the 21st floor so there's a nice view of Roxas and everything by the window. Okay it's not much, I mean what can you possibly see in Roxas right. I'm just a sucker for Christmas lights, and all kinds of lights except white ones, they're very sad and they make me lonely. That's probably the reason why there are no white lights here in our house, we all have bright yellow ones or pinlights, we all think they're happy-looking ahaha.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
sorry, Uncle Tom blabbed too much so we just took pictures

**********

I forgot to mention on my last post that we headed to Marikina Shoe Expo after a bit of shopping in Gateway. Strangely though, Marikina Shoe Expo is also in Araneta Center and not in, well, Marikina.

We went to the Terno Christmas Au Go Go, a production with lotsa bands playing --- Salindiwa, Urbandub, The Late Isabel, Death by Tampon, etc etc. Actually we just went there for Salindiwa, but we could not stay long since we told Mommy & Daddy that we were just going to the malls, not going to a gig (oh guys why did you have to play late?). And we're not into alternative or emo anymore, so the only band we love there is Salindiwa because I think you can't put their sound in a box, they're a fusion of different genres. But hey I wanna hear Mich Dulce's band, Death by Tampon.

We were really torn that we didn't get to see Salindiwa play, but I swear we'll watch them before Christmas. I mean we were walking around there and my Mom called me up asking if we're headed home already, then she asked what's all that noise. So I told her we were outside the mall trying to get a cab ahaha. Sorry to disappoint, kiddos. We got curfew.

It was okay because (before heading home) we ended up going to the art shops scattered around the area where the bands performed. I therefore conclude (yet again) that MUSIC + ART is my favorite combination. I like taking it in lethal doses ahaha.

This week is going to be crazy. It's a whirlwind of parties and practices and studying for the exams and dinners with different sets of friends. It's Christmas after all, we should all get a life ahaha.