12 February 2006

band talk

Saturday was band practice day for Kate, Mon, Cheska, and Xab. I was supposed to wake up early too and go with them to Maceda where they have this reservation in a studio but I was still so disorganized and so out of it. Too bad I missed the opportunity to take nice pictures, they told me they had YELLOW lights in there and the drumset was PINK ahaha. Not that I fancy pink drums but it's pretty nice to take photos with. And yellow lights are the shiznit! It hides flaws in pictures that's all I have to say ahaha.



Last year they auditioned for the bandfest too but did not get in. They used to practice here in our house, but since the drumset is gone, they have to do it elsewhere now. So yeah I think the reason it went awful was the terrible equipment, and partly, wrong choice of song. They were playing and the guitars won't sound, and the cymbals were jumbled up. I think Xab was even so pissed she just hit everything, stood up and screamed "FLY!" at that part in the end and the teachers were so surprised. And offended. Oh yes, the horror. And well it was the wrong song because I mean they were all girls and decided to play Butterfly Carnival by Sandwich, Marc Abaya days. Cheska did the vocals, and I think the song's not for her. If you could not match Marc Abaya's sexual energy during performances, just drop it. Oohlala THE VIBES man. AHAHA. Cheska's more on the fun side, and would you actually believe that she can do Beep Beep? Yep kiddies, by Juan dela Cruz. She's got the moves and the ROCKSTAR ATTITUDE ahaha. Ohmygod that word is fast becoming the cool word for the moment, at least in their circle ahaha. And with a large percentage of sarcasm. Amen.



clockwise from top left: Cheska, Mon, Kate, Xab

So okay I head over to STC where they had the rehearsals or something. All the bands playing were supposed to be there, but man the sound system sucked. Big time. I mean Kate brought effects and her guitar worked perfectly well at the studio, but when they plugged it there, it sounded like the guitar was on distortion when it WAS NOT in distortion. Then in the middle of the song there was no sound anymore. And the drums was terrible. Lata man, totally. Then the teacher in there butts in and says that they should NOT bring in extra gadgets because the sound guy claims that it was the cause of the buzz on all the guitars, and she was like GIRLS LISTEN TO ME, AVOID BRINGING IN THOSE GADGETS BECAUSE MR. SO AND SO SAYS SO AND SO, AND WE SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM 'CAUSE HE'S AN EXPERT ON THESE. Expert yo. Let's not try to rationalize because they were really lame I swear. And I was like the eternal sunshine for them girls ahaha. I was like CHEER UP it's okay since I heard them play during practices and they were a gazillion times better than last year. So okay I rushed to McDo and bought breakfast for us, then it was their turn onstage. I took pictures ahaha and that's what I made up there. I'm so proud of them because they're like the best-looking band ahaha. Oh and INFAMITA means BREAKING THE LAW OF SILENCE.

But I have to say I was also impressed with one band there where this girl Len does vocals. They covered UpDharmaDown and she was GOOD. Really good. Must watch out for them too. And it was funny because there was this band who did Sweet Child of Mine and another old classic rock song. Videoke memories I swear. Then Xab said what if they suddenly played Bittersweet Symphony, and we were saying if that happens they'll forever earn our respect. But she said NO THEY WON'T because they don't look like they even know the song. And I looked at them girls and concluded that yes, they won't play it. Breaks my heart how outward appearances can sometimes tell a lot about a person, or sometimes, give other people a negative impression which is mostly wrong anyway.


Mon and her pancakes. You look so cute last Saturday Mon! You rock the hippie look I swear

So yeah moving right along, I think they did pretty good. WATCH THEM. IF NOT FOR THE MUSIC, FOR THEIR RAVISHING GOOD LOOKS AT LEAST ahaha. Seriously though, it would be fun and anyway it's gonna be the last time for them to play there since they're seniors and would soon be leaving our alma mater--- come Theresians and acclaim.... AHAHA. God it brings back memories of Monday mornings lined up at the corridor and me being so nervous as the flag raiser. Sucks ahaha.

Oh and Cheska left with Mai as soon as they got off the stage. She's been itching to head over to David's so she can get her PERM. I can just imagine her bouncy curls and THE MOVES doing her Pepe Smith attitude onstage--- oh Cheska you are THE CARAMBA. I want to see her hair!

BANDFEST GO GO GO!