27 January 2006

well hello to my beloved comrades

Hello comrades!

I'm feeling okay though I still don't get it why the Pacquiao thing is such a big deal. I mean yeah he won and we should be proud of it, but what's with the song? I hear it everywhere and it's so tacky. And what's with the Pacquiao Day? That's today I think. I mean some of my professors were saying we won't have classes today because of that, and good god, we're in college hello, we can't afford to be that stupid. So you know what happened? Because of all that talk about this Pacquiao day, I totally dozed off and woke up at 9:30am. And my class is 8:30-10am. I guess I absorbed the no classes thing way too much AHAHA. So yeah, iskul bukol ako today.

Well I've been spending time downloading answer sheets from the guys who played at the Tone Party. Tito Alex made this questionnaire which they have to fill out, and we're waiting for everyone to send in theirs so we can put it up on the site, I think they're planning to do it more often. Which is a good thing, because another tone party = another chance to take MUCH BETTER photos = a HAPPIER DAD. I really have to start learning angles and such but I don't have a professional camera. Like what's the point right if you can't adjust shutter speed and all the other technicalities. I WANT TO LEARN PHOTOGRAPHY! And I mean the real thing, because what I'm doing now is more on experimentation.

And I don't know if I should be happy that Kate's friends suggested that I be the photographer for their photo booth or something for their Grad Ball. I mean sure, thanks kiddos, but what if you guys expect the conventional thing where you have this nice background and everything? And I can't take the pa-tweetums effect, which is what most girls there do. I'm not stereotyping, and besides Kate's friends are nowhere near that, so hurray for them! What I do is hardly conventional, and sometimes it turns out just fine, but at times I mess up too. Ugh the pressure! AHAHA. I really want to learn photography. But I'm not forgetting the harmonica yo.

So okay I love going with my Mom to the mall. Yesterday she asked me to come with her to do the groceries, but of course we were sidetracked by the beauty section ahaha. I swear she's more frivolous than Kate and me AHAHA. And it's funny because she feels bad if she doesn't get me something when she bought something, so I coax her to buy something. Does that make sense? Ahaha whatever. And Mommy's on a pasta roll these days. The other night we had canelloni for dinner, and now it's puttanesca. And most of the time it's plain pasta with pesto sauce and tuna, which is pretty good too, so she bought two jars of pesto at the grocery. One was with basil and colored green, while the other was made with tomato, colored red. I really don't know what's the difference, they taste exactly the same. Or maybe I'm too lousy for this pasta-air kisses-sosyal thing. AHAHA.

And yeah I've been frequenting the Art Attack site heehee. My little brother's birthday is coming and we want to do something crazy for him. Like last Halloween we made him a head-to-toe SpongeBob costume, complete with big shoes. And we're also thinking up something special for Dad, also for his birthday. It has to be something insane, he loves gifts like that, things which will definitely make him laugh.

And hey kiddos, I rummaged thru our cd's a while ago and it was so amusing to see our choices before: System of a Down, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Rage Against the Machine. I respect these musicians, but I didn't realize I had so much angst before AHAHA. I guess I've come a long way, since my first record was Jagged Little Pill by Alanis, but was followed by the Spice Girls whaaat ahaha. And ohmygod I was able to dig up the Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich cd's that Tito Alex gave to Kate when he found out she was learning to play drums. Bad move. We never got to use it because hello, they're like superdrummers ad their hands are flying everywhere, you barely have time to decipher which cymbal he's hitting or something. Kate never learned to play drums, she has no rhythm AT ALL ahaha. Seriously though, we would go to the rooftop and I'd teach her the basics which everyone knows I guess, then she'd just bang on everything and I'd lose my patience and we'd end up fighting. Then I'd promise I'll be patient and she'd promise she'll try to learn it, but that never happened. Now she plays the guitar, and I'm still obsessing over my inability to play the harmonica.

And I found the precious precious Albert King with SRV cd we got in China. I don't think they have it in record stores here. We should have bought lots of SRV cd's there, they had a lot with SRV playing alongside different musicians. And to think it was only 15RMB, which is approximately a hundred pesos. Not bad for original copies.

Oh one last thing, we were wondering if it's like detrimental to one's health if you drink lots of Yakult? I was thinking why would they put it in these small containers right, but I mean what could live lactobacilli possibly give you? Because Kate, Imman, and I are thinking of buying lots of them and we'll put it in a pitcher and drink our way to Yakult heaven. Okay ka ba, tiyan? AHAHA.