29 July 2006

remember to remember

This is officially movie week. Well at least for us since we normally don't watch more than once a week pffft haha. But the malls are terribly crowded since it's the end-of-the-month sale or something. HAHA I just remembered, we were in the cab this afternoon then Kate told me to look at the cab beside ours and we sort of got terrified for a bit cuz the little boy looks EXACTLY like the one in The Grudge/Scary Movie 4, sans the pasty white skin. And it didn't help at all that he looked weird, doing ocular movements (wowww nursing term in the house! ahaha) and was kind of rolling around his eyeballs, so it was disturbing hahahaha. I swear it was a SUSHI SASHIMI moment! That's for you, HunkyPunky haha.

Well so. Kate and I were talking about a lot of things. I mean when we think about it now, it seems lightyears ago when our family left for US, but the best part about it is, you know there's a certain difference. Like being excited to go online whenever you can during lunchtime since they probably are too, so you can talk with them. Like wanting to know what they're up to and tellin them about everyday stuff just because. Like planning little somethings for surprises (ok pretend you didn't read about that because it's a surprise hello). And you know, all those other things.

I remember that one day, the first week that Kristoffer, Mama Pach and Ima arrived here. I was gonna go with Kate to school for enrollment stuff so we were dressing up. Ima asks us if we're going to bring Kristoffer since we're both leaving right, and I told her we're not cuz we won't take long. Then when we go down Mommy asks us the same thing, adding that maybe he wants to go too. So ok we brought him and TomTom but left them at Jollibee haha cuz we figured they'd be bored anyway. I can still make out what I told Kate then, because at that time we were exceedingly happy --- I told her to remember that day, remember that feeling, so that we could at least go back to something when they leave.

I don't want to think that way, really. But whenever I get too happy, whenever something great happens, I have this tendency to think about things real hard and remind myself to remember everything, since it'll be gone in a matter of weeks, maybe even days. But I don't really fall into the pessimistic category either. But when we were unbelievably sad when they left, I also told Kate to remember that feeling, so at least when you wake up the next day you'd somehow feel better thinking how bad things were, but hey, maybe this will be the start of something new. Do I make sense?

It feels so ironic --- I can't believe it's been a month because I still miss our whole family everyday, but at the same time, it feels so long ago. We're back to our usual lives and activities, we're all better.


haha sorry we used the camera --- but hey it's the family :)

But the whole experience is like eating something nice for dinner (ok or lunch or breakfast) --- it leaves a nice aftertaste. (I'm beginning to sound like Daddy hahaha). Though they've left, you have something to hold onto. I mean yeah half of your family's on the other side of the world, but isn't the mere thought that they care, and you care, enough to keep you happy?

And I realized we weren't left empty here. We've gained so much along the way, spending time with them whom we haven't seen in years. So what's there to be sad about?