05 July 2006

Conspiracy

Yeah so Thursday night we headed to Conspiracy for the first one (I think) in a series of benefit blues concerts for Egay Imperio, their fellow musician. He has hyperthyroidism and he needs money to cover the medical costs or something. He played harmonica for Soul Benders a few years back during the Manila Blues and Jazz Festival so the band knows him.

There were four bands and a few jams but it was fun. People there are probably wondering why Kate and I are always present in Dad's gigs, but basically it's because 1) we love blues, 2) we don't bother going out to see bands anymore so we just go with him when he plays, and 3) we're Dad's groupies ahaha. Seriously though I remember years ago when Kate and I would jump at any oppurtunity to go out and catch new bands along with other kids, and in the worst places. Now we don't mind if we see the same bands over and over again since they're the ones who play with Soul Benders, or they're the ones we know. Like SnakeCharmer, I love their song "Choke King" it was so nice. Maybe they have an EP or something.

So the usual suspects were there and it was great listening to the bands. Kakoy showed up too and played harmonica for Firebottle, and Perf de Castro jammed with them too. Good stuff, and good calamares haha.

Oh and yeah let me post this one here in case some of you might want to watch and help:



I thought I didn't want to blog anymore last week since things got a bit old for me, but then I gave it some thought and realized it's fun reading about things you did a year ago, how much you've changed, what went on. So it's like I'm writing for myself next year, which doesn't really make sense ahaha. But since I'm laughing again and I'm all bubbly once more, I can truly say I'm happy nowadays.

BUT KRISTOFFER, WE HAVEN'T TALKED IN YEARS! ahaha. We miss you, you better go online we have kwento hahaha.