04 September 2006

not her,oh no

We watched The Devil Wears Prada last Saturday, and it wasn't as disappointing as critics claim. But Anne Hathaway was so NOT for Andy's role --- I mean yeah ok she started out as someone who doesn't care about fashion, so initially she was right for the role. But when Andy became chic and everything, some outfits simply did not click. As for Miranda Priestly, if it is based on Vogue editor Anna Wintour, she's not too edgy. But then again who knows right, what if it's about French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld? Wintour may have been around for the longest time, but Roitfeld is so larger-than-life. And French Vogue is better I think HAHA.

I've already read the book so I guess I'm focusing on the characters' style HAHAHA. They hired Patricia Field as the stylist --- of SATC fame, oh how could we ever forget Carrie Bradshaw's (Sarah Jessica Parker) crazy outfits and accents which actually worked, like large silk flowers and prints over prints. Anyway, I like how she puts things together but OMG Anne Hathaway can't pull it off. Like the preppy sort of thing going on when she donned a houndstooth print cap, a black off-shoulder top over a white polo. Does. Not. Work. I loved the Chanel necklaces she wore with that though. I loved the bags too HAHAHA, like the Fendi Spy and the Balenciaga motorcycle which they all claim is over but I still love it. At the end of the movie though, especially during the Paris Fashion Week, Anne (or Andy, whateverrr) kept getting better. She stuck to basic blacks and OMG the suede jacket and pencil skirt is LOVE! Anyway Kate and I just had fun trying to pinpoint fun elements in their wardrobe and identify WHO they're wearing HAHAHA. It's a Pucci top. And the heels are Louboutin. And a LOT of Prada duhhh. That sort of thing. What story? All I can remember are the clothes. HAHAHA kidding.

Yaay we were able to talk with Kristoffer this morning. We called him up and he was lined up for lunch sorry HAHA. Was supposed to go to Cavite today for the community analysis, but oh my eyes! They're acting up again, it's like your hair where there are good and bad days. I offered to the the CNA na lang so I could compensate for my absence when they interview families.

We MIGHT be going to Hongkong next week, the whole family. But it's not sure yet, though Mommy's been calling the travelling agency which handled our trip before. It's very expensive pala to go to Singapore when you come from Beijing, China, so Mama Diding won't go, so that will leave Mommy alone for the Singapore-Indonesia-Malaysia trip. Then Dad says maybe he'll go, but to Hongkong na lang. Then they thought they should bring TomTom (Imman hahaha) so he could see Hongkong Disneyland, then Kate and I told Dad to bring us along. We told him: Dad, you won't have to bring us to Disneyland, just give us shopping money and leave us on Nathan Road and we're A-OK! HAHAHA.

In other news. It may be hard to hold the hand of rock and roll men very long, but THESE kinds of guys are downright neurotic. THANKSVERYMUCH, I'll pass.