20 August 2006

from highschool to the present

After a year or so (I think), we finally managed to squeeze in one night to meet up and do some catching up on what has been happening with us lately. And I could only refer to my three lovely friends --- Pap, Jo, and Pau.

It's melancholic, this whole growing up thing. I distinctly remember highschool memories, where we meet everyday and know every teeny tiny bit of information about each other. Stupid crush phone calls with Pap hahahaha. First taste of highschool freedom by going to the mall without the parents hahaha. Gigs where we probably looked like fools, completely ignorant on where to go and whom we can approach. I guess there will always be a part of me which tends to cling to happy memories, where things don't have underlying meanings, where everything is fairly simple, where we never discuss life's complexities. Now Jo is working, then Pap and Pau are currently in their first year of medicine proper and it's already killing them. Oh dear, such is life. Highschool was so carefree, all we did was sketch our teachers HAHAHA.

OMG I was so happy to see them again. We weren't able to make it last Christmas so it has been so long indeed. I was the first one to arrive at Teriyaki Boy so I reserved a table for four, then Pap arrived, then Jo who came in from work (Ortigas), then Pau, who rushed home from her class to change, then headed to dinner. We were our usual selves, that is, very talkative and laughing everywhere. But it was mighty fun, and the night was sprinkled with some drama from Pap. Too bad we weren't able to meet her boyfriend --- long story folks, but what's important is we were complete, the four of us.

We were looking for a nice place after dinner, so we were roaming around in Pau's car and decided to park near Xaymaca to check out the place. I saw Tito Carlo and his bandmate Mac I think, apparently they were playing that night too at a nearby place. We were sidetracked by the two boutiques there so we weren't able to head over to Xaymaca. We checked out the clothes and stuff, and they bought earrings I think. We watched Tito Carlo's band for a bit then said goodbye since we wanted to find a nice place where we can talk. So we ended up at Cheesecake Etc., cuz OMG all the coffee shops were full. Nice service over there though, and nice cheesecake art hahaha. And I guess all we cared about was taking photos HAHAHA.

( we had really nice photos that night! yay! )

More nights like this one! Pap's birthday is coming up, so we should be able to see each other again. Pap, I hope you work things out. Jo, I hope you're happy with your job. And Pau, study hard and don't worry about your mole! HAHAHA. Kidding. I miss you guys already. Check your mails pala I will send the thing I was telling you about.