11 October 2005

i miss.

I miss my grandparents. This morning my grandmother (I call her Ima) called to tell me that she bought Mommy, Kate and Me a bunch of stuff again. She's so cool because when they're here on vacation (they're now living in Chicago), she's the one who drags us to go shopping, and when she buys shoes, she has to have a matching bag too haha. She also loves makeup and other things girls enjoy that sometimes it feels like she's not that old heehee. And I miss my grandfather too (Tatang) because I love his corny jokes, and because he pays us for corny jokes. Imagine getting $5 for every corny joke! Ha!

I miss my cousins in Canada. We've all been busy the past few weeks so there's no communication. And a few days ago I heard the song Shape of My Heart by the Backstreet Boys (yeah I'm baduy like that) and I got so nostalgic. I remember them when I hear that song because that was what I heard when we were going home the night they left. I was so depressed then and somehow that song stuck.

I miss my UST friends. Haven't seen them for so long, and it's sad how I almost don't know anything about them anymore (what's happening with them, at least). I guess it's inevitable, since we're not together every single day anymore. And when they talk about things, it's hard not to feel left out since I haven't got a clue as to who those people are. But I miss them nonetheless.

In other news, I'm prepping myself up for an all-nighter tomorrow. I was chosen (it is an honor! I'm so unbelievably flattered heehee) to be one of the editors for our sort-of thesis in Healthcare (blech, I know). We're going to rent a computer shop tomorrow from 9pm to 5am, and we, the Confederation of the Gramatically Righteous, will rephrase the terrible, well, ah... grammar. You won't believe how funny some of our classmates are, with what they've written. Haha.

let's talk music, shall we?
Okay for this segment, let's all give a round of applause to Portishead!

They're really good, and once again, I'm so impressed with the girl's vocals.

I think it's great that a lot of girls/women these days are making their own music. It moves people to see women musicians in a different light, and not just as:
1. some pop tart in a schoolgirl uniform, dancing around trying to look innocent
2. some sex symbol in an outfit that leaves nothing to the imagination
3. some troubled diva in a nice gown who belts out really cheesy songs then goes home and slits her wrist

If you want to hear some Portishead, you can download some of their songs here.

* I just read what I wrote in there and I sound like a feminist. Do you think I'm a feminist?