25 September 2005

pesky people

I guess two annoying people are too much for me in one week.

The first one happens to be our opthalmologist. He talks to me like I'm a 3 year old kid, and he refers to Mommy as "Mama". Like, "O Kristel, come here o, look at Mama's eyes in here", and I get really annoyed because:
1. Like, duh, doc. Kristel is not even one of my aliases.
2. I prefer to call my mother "Mommy", thankyouverymuch.

Then he points to the poster on the wall showing the inner parts of the eye using his laser pointer. How cool is that? I felt like I was inside the classroom because he kept on asking me questions like:
1. "Diba Kristel you know what a cornea is?"
2. "What is the purpose of the lens again?"
3. "Remember what I mentioned earlier about your pupils?"

And when he was writing down the prescription, he kept on muttering things like:
1. "Okay, Kristel, remind Mama ha? Hot compress for her eyes".
2. "Mama, remind Kristel, cold compress naman for her eyes".
3. "Hot compress, cold compress, so easy to remember diba?"

I swear if you come up to him, one eye checkup will take 3 hours. And that's excluding the time he spends telling you about his relatives. Gah.

Then there's annoying person number 2.

She's actually just a classmate who was assigned to be my buddy for our community assessment in San Juan. She insisted that we meet up to finish our narrative, and I said we could do it in my house since it was near school.

And so we ageed to do it on a Tuesday. I would pick her up at school, 10am.

And she had to ruin my Tuesday morning by:
1. Not bringing her phone. I called her when she was already 20 minutes late, only to have her brother answer it, saying she's left the house a while ago.
2. Sending me text messages telling me to wait for her. The nerve, when she was already an hour late. I would have gone home if I didn't have anyone to talk to, good thing Jay (another classmate) showed up.
3. Being terribly late. I left at 11:30am because Mommy and I have an appointment with the lovely opthalmologist.

When I got home, she called and asked me to come pick her up, and I told her to get her arse down here because there's no way I was going back there (and besides we were headed to the doc, annoying person number 1).

And look what she did while I was away:
1. She went straight up to the third floor to suck up to my Dad, who was terribly busy then. She didn't even ask our maid if she could go. Daddy kept on sending text messages to Mommy and me, asking us to come home already because "this girl" kept on blabbing and that she was very odd and (drumroll, please...) annoying.
2. She kept on telling our maid: "Ate, masanay ka na sa 'kin, madadalas ako dito kasi partner ako ni Tella, marami kaming gagawin kaya malamang palagi niya kong papupuntahin dito". Sweetie, you are not going back here, I'm telling you.

Then when I got back, instead of getting straight to work, she begged me to create a Friendster account for her. Of course I had to make an email account too, since she didn't have one yet. And of course I had to take pictures of her using the webcam, because she was complaining that she didn't have a photo she could place in Friendster.

And I don't know if I'd be annoyed or feel sorry for her because:
1. She was flipping through our magazines, and she pointed to this one gorgeous model, saying: "Alam mo Tel, ganito din figure ko eh, hindi nga lang halata sa uniform natin". Oookay.
2. She absolutely adored my sister, and she kept asking me about Kate's preferences. Whenever I'd answer her question, she says: "Grabe, ako riiiiin! Parehong-pareho kami ng kapatid mo. Pakilala mo na kasi ako eh, magkakasundo kamiii!"
3. She kept on hugging me while I was typing, all the while saying: "Sana, Tel, maging bestfriend kita". Lordy.

Just yesterday I ran into her and she insisted that we meet up to do our narrative again together. I told her: "Email email na lang. Busy ako this week eh."

But ohmygod, I'll be seeing doc again tomorrow. Sheesh.