04 October 2005

guitarists are the new black pink

I was walking down the school corridor and saw a group of guys playing their guitar, pathetically trying to impersonate Brandon Boyd and his singing (of course we all know that'd be Incubus --- it's another pink these days, if you know what I mean).

I entered my English class the other night and saw my classmates grouped in one corner, gathered around this boy who brought his guitar. He reeks of coolness, y'all.

I hear little boys playing Bamboo's "Noypi" every night, and my ears are already bleeding. And please, that was so... years ago.

I see a trend here, people. Guitarists are the new in. They're everywhere --- they're your neighbor, your neighbor's best friend, your neighbor's best friend's brother, and your neighbor's best friend's brother's classmate. Everyone knows how to strike up a chord or two.

But maybe I just see too many guitars everyday.

And may I just add that I absolutely love Rachael Yamagata. She makes beautiful music.