06 October 2005

boredom = mighty destruction

Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the fact that school's extended until the last week of October (giving us poor students roughly one and a half weeks for sembreak), maybe it's the stress (yuckie I sound like a moron) from this one subject that makes us go to class on Sundays and pretty much occupies our time the entire week with paper revisions and freakin' data analysis. But the last few days have been incredibly blah, and I can't exactly point out why. Boredom doesn't necessarily mean I'm not doing anything --- it's just that things are so... blah. Nada.

And I get a bit destructive when bored.
I once spray-painted with bronze Pylox one of our bags because I hated the color. It smelled rotten afterwards, and the color wasn't even --- in short, it was bad.
I cut up two of my tops in hopes of altering them, and I ruined it.
I started sewing some beads into Kate's top and still haven't finished it. Of course she can't wear it with an unfinished beadwork haha.
I got some plastic flowers and tried to attach them to one of our long strand necklaces. It took several attempts before it actually looked nice (at least this one worked).
I almost always destroy our earrings and necklaces and try to create new ones out of them. Sometimes they end up good, most of them go straight to the trash bin --- and I end up wishing I never had these bouts of "creativity" and stupid bright ideas. But I can't help it because I hate conventional accessories --- they're blah, and I become so bored I don't wanna leave the house anymore if I had to wear them haha.
I tried to put sparkly shimmery beads on my sandals (the ones which look like what people in the Bible used to wear) and I discovered that I had to stitch it up. Too lazy to do that.

I better find something else to do. Boredom is detrimental to everything I lay my eyes on.

Ah, let's talk music, shall we?
Oh and remember Rachael Yamagata, the one I was telling you about? She's wonderful. She's sort of like Fiona Apple with lesser angst. Or maybe not. Anyway if you want to listen just download one of her songs:

Rachael Yamagata - Woman

And I love Up Dharma Down. I watched their video once (if I remember correctly the song is Maybe) and the girl's vocals just blew me away--- if only girls sang like that. But then again I like other vocal styles too, like Sarah Mclachlan's, Fiona Apple's, Aya's (of Imago), Bjork's, Tori Amos', India Arie's, Maria Bello's (of Pinikipikan), Cynthia Alexander's, etc. Except the diva-ish type, I really have nothing against it, but it just bores me out of my skull.

Okay back to Up Dharma Down. I was actually surprised to see Meryll Soriano there, she didn't seem like the type of girl I would hire for my music video, but surprisingly she didn't annoy me. And she looked nice there. So Meryll sweetie, you should always look like that, then people would not always remember you as Maricel Soriano's niece who starred in trashy comedy shows.

Anyway you should check out this band. Musicians like them deserve our full support, and I'm constantly wondering why some people always turn to radio mainstream crap music when we have an army of excellent musicians right here.

But hey I'm not talking about Masculados or Viva Hot Babes here, people. Please. Not that kind of music. You can't even call it music --- it's noise. And a major headache.