03 November 2006

when you think too much

We had the best time ever at Le Granta Resort (Kuya Grif's place) in Laguna. I don't know I think the pictures speak for themselves haha. On our way there we were already laughing so hard. And the place was wonderful. I'd write down every single thing we did there but I'd rather not, basta it was FUN. Apparently the boys are more frivolous than us girls who were there, imagine they had tons of solo shots with these insane poses and they always took pictures of themselves hahaha. But it was mighty funny, we even saw Kuya Grif's snake swallow a live chicken hahaha. Click here to see the pics, including boys emerging from the water and all other stuff.

* * * * * * * * * *

Joni Mitchell has got to be the most depressing songwriter. Cheska (Kate's friend and Infamita lead alright! haha) just got back from the US and she brought Kate a Joni Mitchell Hits cd, which is amazing.

Both Sides, Now
I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
Its love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way

But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I''ve changed
Well somethings lost, but something's gained
In living ev'ry day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
Its life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all
I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
Its life's illusions I recall
I really dont know life at all


I just love how she writes her songs. It mostly revolves around hippie/rock and roll scene way back, and musicians. What gets to me though is how sadness/regret reverberates through the songs and words --- it's heartbreak solidified.

And haven't we all gone through that at one point or another. People who've disappointed you in some way, people whom you've given your heart to only to break it apart, people whom you've depended on but left you in midair. Chances you refused to take, dreams you've long given up, plans that didn't push through. Friends who've come and gone, relationships that fell apart, love that you let go.

There are times I wonder who I am now. Maybe I'm the same girl I was before, maybe I've changed. Maybe I've taken a new lease on life, maybe I've become jaded. Maybe I've taken my chances, maybe I've taken advantage of things I've been blessed with. Maybe I learned from my mistakes, but then again maybe I keep making those mistakes because in my heart, it's what feels right.

I may not entirely know life, but I know love. It's what kept me up all this time. You love and love until it overshadows the faults, the glitches. It's sort of like a stained glass artwork --- made of broken pieces but when put together, it becomes beautiful.

When I look at life, I don't see illusions at all. I see memories, I see wonderful people who've given love away and in the process, lived life fully. I see places where happiness bounced through walls, I see vivid images. I see friends who've remained the same, photographs of laughter and tears. I see life in detail, not as an abstract thought.

When I look at love, I don't see illusions at all. I see you. And that speaks volumes.