14 December 2006

back from China

So hey hey, we're back from China. I was hoping we'd get to roam Hongkong when we get there, and possibly take advantage of the wonderful lights by Nathan Road for photo ops hahaha, but alas the bus leaves early and we had to get to the China border before the Immigration closes at midnight. Papa Glenn and his driver Paul were waiting for us there and it's a 2-hour drive down to Guangzhou.

It's still as fascinating as I remember. Well yeah it's always great to go anywhere outside the country, to travel a bit. I can still remember the places near Papa Glenn's place, the shops scattered around Taojin Beilu. We just had two whole days to do everything so we were out by around 9am and have dinner 9pm, and we still go shopping after that hahaha. Unfortunately though, it's really cold there and the clothes are all for winter so we didn't get to buy a lot of them. Anyway it was high time for layering so we donned these clothes which was really fun, like when will I ever get to wear cowboy boots in here right? Language barriers are so uncool, we saw really cute Chinese boys but all they did was smile hahaha. Okay Levina sweetie, I'm gonna tell you I'm kidding because it's not like we're going to talk to strangers and you know I only like one guy (hahaha don't comment here about it I think he reads this! And it's not even the one I was talking about before --- that's nada).





Anyway so. We squeezed in everything in those two days. And Kate and I have tons of pictures because during moments wherein the adults (Papa Glenn, Mommy and Tita Agnes, or just the last two) are discussing or busy with stuff, we pose hahaha. The last night we headed to the spa and had a two-hour massage which was really good. Last day we took the bus to the China border (there's a visa for China so we went thru all that trouble of filling in immigration forms, a bit of questioning from the officers like purpose of stay and such, and dragging the luggage). Then we went straight to the Hongkong airport and waited for the check-in.



click here for more China pictures!!!

Kate was sweating in fear when our hand-carried stuff went through the x-ray because she bought a fox fur thing, complete with a head and tail. I don't know if it's real but I think it is, and I was telling her I saw this sign where exotic animals/animal skins were prohibited. I thought she was gonna faint went her bag came out and the officers there did not question her hahahaha. We bought tons of stuff, mostly bags AND gifts for friends this Christmas. I hope they like them, we spent an insane amount of time trying to choose between prints and stuff hahaha. Our creed: give personalized gifts (like we base them on their personality or preferences, so it takes time to choose) and wrap them well.

TomTom couldn't wait because we bought him a Gameboy. China is the ultimate source for everything, I was telling Levs that we should start another business. Oh-kay, here we go again hahaha. But no really, we bought materials there for a new batch of jewelry we're going to put up. We're supposed to sell a lot of them but we end up wearing what we make so there's nothing left to for the consumers hahaha.

I missed a number of people, China was fun but I can't imagine living there, it would be so lonely.

goodbye to midnight love, midnight music
to all that is the scene
and since I took a step away
i'll head over to you
where the scene will merely be
a voice on the radio
though I haven't told you
this is still honesty
when music has long faded
you're my infinity

That's what I scribbled when I was in China, when I missed you much too much and I just had to put it in words. (to my friends in the know: no, this is NOT cheesecake guy).