17 February 2007

lost and found

In less than a week your life could have significant changes.

There's the photo shoot with none other than Sir Bong (Vintage Pop owner) and Mr. Roberto Bellini. There's just some magical vibe down there at Cubao X (or Marikina Shoe Expo) which brings out one's ingenuity, as well as an earnest appreciation for vintage and everything that comes with the idea. Knowing them widened our perspective regarding art and its connotations, and further proved that the fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.

Then there's the wonderful opportunity I was blessed with. I was chosen to be part of the seven-person marketing team flying to Australia (Sydney and Melbourne) in the next week or so. I'll be working as a writer/photojournalist (ads, prospectus etc) and web designer for the company, and we'll be there three weeks. They'll be shouldering all the expenses so it's really great, and I've already met the rest of the group and they're all great people. I can't wait to start working and see the company's plans materialize.

Too many things happening all at the same time, and I can't grasp the middle line. I can always claim I'm searching for myself, but it sounds immensely impersonal coming from me. Maybe because you don't say things like that --- after all, life is an ongoing process of defining who you really are, and we're all trying to live. It could also be because old wounds are exacerbated this way --- when you've found your meaning in other things or people apart from yourself, it all goes downhill when you realize how empty you've been all along.

Or maybe because I've reached this point wherein I've put down all my defenses and realized I've finally let someone else define me. A feasible option, not a very welcome idea. You tell me, because oftentimes it gets too tiring thinking about you.